First oil change/Pierwsza wymiana oleju

Wszystkie tematy związane z Volkswagenem T-Roc - zakup, eksploatacja, problemy itd.
GreekBlooD

First oil change/Pierwsza wymiana oleju

Post autor: GreekBlooD »

Hey guys,

I am sorry to write in English, my Polish are not that good and translator might mess everything up :P Hope that is fine.

I live in Poland, Warsaw for 7 years and approximately a year ago i have become a proud owner of T-roc 1.5 TSI petrol.

According to the manual and the car instructions, the first oil change should be after 2 years or 30k km, but my poor knowledge on cars says that when you buy a new car you should change the oil in around 10k to 12k km. I now have approximately 12k.

I read that nowadays the new cars don't need that because they place specific oils in the engine during production. But I am not sure what to believe.
Does anyone have an advise on what should be done? Shall I change the oil now or not?

The thing is I also made the mistake to buy the package with 2 additional years of service... Thinking that every year I will have the service and not every 2. So the question is if I choose to make service now will they cover it, or I will anyway have to pay? Which basically sucks...

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Best regards for a great weekend everyone !
Pado

Re: First oil change/Pierwsza wymiana oleju

Post autor: Pado »

Hi,

I recommend you to change oil every 10tkm-max15tkm. The 30tkm change oil service is for them, who sell the car after warranty...
Dario

Post autor: Dario »

To be honest the first oil change service is recommended after 2k or 3k km, and after this you can switch to interval 15k km or 1 year.
You are right, VW uses long life oils however I would not belive this feature...
If you want to change the oil on your request you have to pay for it, it will not be covered by service package.
I suggest to buy the oil on your own, and bring it with you for oil service - you will save some money
2.0TSI DSG 4Motion Premium Ravenna Blue/Black
Pakiet: Komfort, Drogowy, Sport, Zimowy, Siedzenia Komfortowe; Elektryczna Pokrywa Bagaznika
GreekBlooD

Thank you very much guys, I was thinking the same.

Do you know which oil is recommended for this engine?
Pado

Post autor: Pado »

I use 0w30 from shell (AVL 0w30 504.00)-this is the cheapest one and I change the oil every 10tkm
GreekBlooD

Pado pisze: 11 paź 2020, 7:33 I use 0w30 from shell (AVL 0w30 504.00)-this is the cheapest one and I change the oil every 10tkm
Thank you Pado !
ODPOWIEDZ